|Product Name||Researching Scots-Irish Ancestors: The Essential Genealogical Guide to Early Modern Ulster, 1600–1800|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 1903688531|
|Price New||17.80 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||12.93 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.8 inches (convert)|
|Height||8.1 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.91 inches (convert)|
|Long Description||One of the greatest frustrations for generations of genealogical researchers has been that reliable guidance on sources for perhaps the most critical period in the establishment of their family’s links with Ulster, the period up to 1800, has proved to be so elusive. Not any more. This book can claim to be the first comprehensive guide for family historians searching for ancestors in 17th- and 18th-century Ulster. Whether their ancestors are of English, Scottish or Gaelic Irish origin, it will be of enormous value to anyone wishing to conduct research in Ulster prior to 1800. A comprehensive range of sources from the period 1600-1800 are identified and explained in very clear terms. Information on the whereabouts of these records and how they may be accessed is also provided. Equally important, there is guidance on how effectively they might be used. The appendices to the book include a full listing of pre-1800 church records for Ulster; a detailed description of nearly 250 collections of seventeenth- and eighteenth-century estate papers; and a summary breakdown of the sources available from this period for each parish in Ulster. William Roulston is Research Officer with the Ulster Historical Foundation.|
|Similar Items||9781593312930: Finding Your Irish Ancestors: A Beginner's Guide (Finding Your Ancestors)|
9781558560000: Pocket Guide To Irish Genealogy
9780916489373: They Came In Ships: Finding Your Immigrant Ancestor's Arrival Record (3rd Edition)
9780865262799: From Ulster To Carolina: The Migration Of The Scotch-Irish To Southwestern North Carolina
9780856406027: The Book of Ulster Surnames
9780840771049: The Scotch-Irish Of Colonial Pennsylvania
9780807842591: The Scotch-Irish: A Social History
9780806353913: Scotland During The Plantation Of Ulster: The People Of Ayrshire, 1600-1699
9780806353173: Searching For Scotch-Irish Roots In Scottish Records, 1600-1750
9780806346861: Scots-Irish Links, 1575-1725 (2 Volumes In 1)
9780806318974: Tracing Your Irish Ancestors: The Complete Guide. Fourth Edition
9780752463728: Scottish Genealogy
9780717154470: The Plantation Of Ulster: The British Colonization Of The North Of Ireland In The 17th Century
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.