|Product Name||Seventy-Eight Degrees Of Wisdom: A Book Of Tarot|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 1578634083|
|Price New||13.50 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||12.26 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||5.25 inches (convert)|
|Height||8.5 inches (convert)|
|Length||1 inches (convert)|
|Weight||13.6 ounces (convert)|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||A top tarotist's secrets to personal growth, one card at a time. The two volumes of Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom have inspired a whole generation of tarot students. It has often been described by readers, booksellers, and teachers as the "Bible of tarot readers." It is also often cited as one of the landmark books in modern tarot, and it helped to launch the "Tarot Renaissance" of the 1980s. The two texts-one for The Major Arcana and one for The Minor Arcana--appear together in this volume, which is a reissue of the 1998 edition first published by Thorsons. Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom draws on mythology and esoteric traditions and delves deeply into the symbolism and ideas of each card. It also gives the cards a modern psychological slant based on the pictures rather than a system of occult symbolism. This endlessly useful reference tool provides a concise history of tarot, introduces common spreads, and is a clear and readable book for both the beginning and advanced tarot student.|
|Similar Items||9780312317676: Tarot In The Spirit Of Zen: The Game Of Life|
9780312284824: Beginner's Guide To Tarot
9780312267629: Past-Life & Karmic Tarot (Special Topics In Tarot Series)
9780312241735: The Oracle Of Kabbalah: Mystical Teachings Of The Hebrew Letters
9780312241391: The Elemental Tarot
9780312141639: The Complete Book of Tarot: A Step-by-Step Guide to Reading the Cards
9780062682406: Modern Tarot: Connecting with Your Higher Self through the Wisdom of the Cards
9780060896881: Tarot Plain And Simple
9780007166794: The Big Little Book Of Tarot: The Only Book You'll Ever Need
9780007131150: Complete Illustrated Guide to Tarot
View 59 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.