|Product Name||The Encyclopedia Of Tanks And Armored Fighting Vehicles|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 1571458069|
|Price New||106.01 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||17.46 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||9.5 inches (convert)|
|Height||1.75 inches (convert)|
|Length||11.53 inches (convert)|
|Weight||92 ounces (convert)|
|Author||Chris Foss, Will Fowler|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||Warriors have long sought to combine protection and mobility in combat, from ancient chariots to medieval knights and armored wagon. It was the development of the internal combustion engine that allowed a vehicle to possess both features on the battlefield. The Encyclopedia of Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles is a definitive guide to over 1500 armored vehicles that have emerged from the first gasoline engine to the present day. In 1916, during World War I, the tank made its debut on the Western Front for the British, and the face of warfare changed almost overnight. In each nation's quest for battlefield dominance, many different types of armored vehicles have been produced, some more successful than others, all of which are covered in the encyclopedia, with each entry being accompanied by a photograph or artwork, full specifications and a development and career history. The book is divided into sections by country, with entries arranged chronologically. A detailed index is provided for easy cross-referencing. With such in-depth coverage of the subject, The Encyclopedia of Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles is an essential reference guide for anyone interested in the history of military vehicles.|
|Similar Items||9780760710227: The Encyclopedia Of Weapons Of World War Ii|
9782915239478: Wwii Tank Encyclopaedia, 1939-45
9781906626709: Tanks And Armored Fighting Vehicles Visual Encyclopedia
9781592236275: The Encyclopedia Of Warships: From World War Ii To The Present Day
9780706403565: The Encyclopedia Of Warships: From World War Ii To The Present Day
0018713585363: Greatest Tank Battles
9781904687467: Wehrmacht Panzer Divisions: 1939-45 (The Essential Tank Identification Guide)
9780785829973: Weapons Of War Tanks & Armored Vehicles 1900-1945
9780760716311: The Encyclopedia of Modern Military Weapons
9781782003892: French Tanks Of World War Ii (1): Infantry And Battle Tanks (New Vanguard)
9781780191645: The Complete Guide To Tanks & Armored Fighting Vehicles: Over 400 Vehicles And 1200 Wartime And Modern Photographs
9780681404335: The Complete Guide To Tanks & Armored Fighting Vehicles: Over 400 Vehicles And 1200 Wartime And Modern Photographs
9781607101109: Tanks Inside Out (Inside Out (Thunder Bay Books))
9781592236268: The Encyclopedia Of Tanks And Armored Fighting Vehicles: From World War I To The Present Day
9780785829263: Tanks And Armored Fighting Vehicles (Visual Encyclopedia)
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.