|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 1480513156|
|Price New||69.95 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||18.54 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||1.13 inches (convert)|
|Height||5.5 inches (convert)|
|Length||5 inches (convert)|
|Weight||9.12 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||From a top secret government laboratory come two genetically altered life forms. One is a magnificent dog of astonishing intelligence. The other, a hybrid monster of a brutally violent nature. And both are on the loose.… Bestselling author Dean Koontz presents his most terrifying, dramatic and moving novel: The explosive story of a man and a woman, caught in a relentless storm of mankind’s darkest creation.…|
|Similar Items||9781423338970: Lightning|
9780739341490: One Door Away From Heaven (Dean Koontz)
9781415907849: Life Expectancy
9780739332962: The Darkest Evening Of The Year
9781415931080: Sole Survivor
9781469248615: The Moonlit Mind: A Tale Of Suspense
9781455808090: Darkness Under The Sun
9780739332931: The Good Guy
View 9 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.