|Product Name||1,000 Places to See Before You Die: Revised Second Edition|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Height:7.32 inches / Length:0.55 inches / Weight:1.07 pounds / Width:9.53 inches|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0761156860|
|Price New||9.81 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||2.30 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||1.75 inches (convert)|
|Height||7.5 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.25 inches (convert)|
|Weight||44.48 ounces (convert)|
The world’s bestselling travel book is back in a more informative, more experiential, more budget-friendly full-color edition. A #1 New York Times bestseller, 1,000 Places reinvented the idea of travel book as both wish list and practical guide. As Newsweek wrote, it “tells you what’s beautiful, what’s fun, and what’s just unforgettable— everywhere on earth.” And now the best is better. There are 600 full-color photographs. Over 200 entirely new entries, including visits to 28 countries like Lebanon, Croatia, Estonia, and Nicaragua, that were not in the original edition. There is an emphasis on experiences: an entry covers not just Positano or Ravello, but the full 30-mile stretch along the Amalfi Coast.
Every entry from the original edition has been readdressed, rewritten, and made fuller, with more suggestions for places to stay, restaurants to visit, festivals to check out. And throughout, the book is more budget-conscious, starred restaurants and historic hotels such as the Ritz, but also moderately priced gems that don’t compromise on atmosphere or charm.
The world is calling. Time to answer.
|Similar Items||9780198112952: Off The Beaten Path: A Travel Guide To More Than 1000 Scenic And Interesting Places Still Uncrowded And Inviting|
9780136851080: Off The Beaten Path: A Travel Guide To More Than 1000 Scenic And Interesting Places Still Uncrowded And Inviting
9780062585738: Journeys Of A Lifetime: 500 Of The World's Greatest Trips
9780061787768: 101 Places Not To See Before You Die
9780010442120: Off The Beaten Path: A Travel Guide To More Than 1000 Scenic And Interesting Places Still Uncrowded And Inviting
9780007292493: Journeys Of A Lifetime: 500 Of The World's Greatest Trips
9780007193394: Journeys Of A Lifetime: 500 Of The World's Greatest Trips
9780006550822: 1,000 Places to See in the United States and Canada Before You Die
5060146590310: Scratch Map Original Personalised World Map By Luckies
4779042630433: Scratchable World Map with Flags / Personalized Travel Tracker Poster / Remember and Share Your Adventures / Unique Design by ENNO VATTI (Deluxe)
View 59 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.