|Product Name||Dead Man Walking: The Eyewitness Account Of The Death Penalty That Sparked A National Debate|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Height:0.07 inches / Length:0.74 inches / Weight:1.38 pounds / Width:0.97 inches|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0679751319|
|Price New||3.94 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||0.25 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.64 inches (convert)|
|Height||8.02 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.2 inches (convert)|
|Weight||2.95 grams (convert)|
|Long Description||In 1982, Sister Helen Prejean became the spiritual advisor to Patrick Sonnier, the convicted killer of two teenagers who was sentenced to die in the electric chair of Louisiana’s Angola State Prison. In the months before Sonnier’s death, the Roman Catholic nun came to know a man who was as terrified as he had once been terrifying. She also came to know the families of the victims and the men whose job it was to execute—men who often harbored doubts about the rightness of what they were doing. Out of that dreadful intimacy comes a profoundly moving spiritual journey through our system of capital punishment. Here Sister Helen confronts both the plight of the condemned and the rage of the bereaved, the fears of a society shattered by violence and the Christian imperative of love. On its original publication in 1993, Dead Man Walking emerged as an unprecedented look at the human consequences of the death penalty. Now, some two decades later, this story—which has inspired a film, a stage play, an opera and a musical album—is more gut-wrenching than ever, stirring deep and life-changing reflection in all who encounter it.|
|Similar Items||9780131829978: Contemporary Moral Issues: Diversity And Consensus|
9780130862198: Contemporary Moral Issues: Diversity and Consensus
9780130794352: Contemporary Moral Issues
9780078802737: Glencoe Precalculus Student Edition (ADVANCED MATH CONCEPTS)
9780078454790: Glencoe Literature Course 4: The Readers Choice
9780060910389: The Essential Gandhi: An Anthology Of His Writings On His Life, Work, And Ideas
9780060617516: The Long Loneliness: The Autobiography Of The Legendary Catholic Social Activist
9780006366942: The Essential Gandhi: An Anthology Of His Writings On His Life, Work, And Ideas
5099960246325: Heggie: Dead Man Walking
0027616784926: Dead Man Walking
View 59 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.