|Product Name||Boswell's Life Of Johnson: New Questions, New Answers|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 082033376X|
|Price New||20.00 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||15.76 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Long Description||When it first appeared in 1985, Boswell's Life of Johnson brought together the most recent and most lively assessments of the literary merit and historical accuracy of Boswell's biography. In an invigorating exchange placed at the center of the collection, Donald Greene's description of the Life as a fictionalized biography that screens the real, complex Johnson from view is challenged by Frederick Pottle's defense of Boswell's biographical method, of his sturdy compilation of detail that presents the factual rather than the fictional Johnson. Other essays explore the effect of Johnson's humor on the shaping of his image in the Life , the recent developments in literary criticism and the effect they have had on eighteenth-century studies, and the continuing interest of Boswell's Life as a showcase for members of Johnson's famous circle. The volume concludes with an assessment of the Boswellian problem--of the difficulties the Life presents to readers, scholars, and teachers.|
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
- Fixed some bugs
- Added the ability to upload images including rotating them if needed prior to uploading.
- Added a scan history screen. You can review the last few scans you have captured with the barcode scanner. You can configure how many items to keep in the history. (default is 40).
- You can configure the format of the date/time stamp in the history.
- Settings have been activated now that there is something that you can configure.
- Added color icons on the main screen and several other places.