|Product Name||Food & Faith: Justice, Joy, And Daily Bread|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Height:9.06 inches / Length:6.02 inches / Weight:0.87 pounds / Width:0.59 inches|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0819224111|
|Price New||14.96 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||12.95 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.67 inches (convert)|
|Height||9.02 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.98 inches (convert)|
|Weight||13.92 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||From the creator of the bestseller, Simpler Living, Compassionate Life: A Christian Perspective , comes Food and Faith: Justice, Joy, and Daily Bread . Food is itself a joyful gift - recall how the gift of food so often mediates the sanctity and preciousness of life. This new collection of reflections by Wendell Berry, Bill McKibben, Elizabeth Johnson, Alan Durning and others helps readers consider the moral, spiritual and economic implications of eating. Readings focus on the enjoyment and spirituality of good food, ways in which eating connects us to the land and to each other, and on the economic, environmental and cultural impacts of daily food choices. Food and Faith also includes an eight-week study guide for groups or individuals, which leads to action: setting a table that is healthy, joyful and just.|
|Similar Items||9780865477384: What To Eat|
9780854394876: Cross-Cultural Servanthood: Serving The World In Christlike Humility
9780830833788: Cross-Cultural Servanthood: Serving The World In Christlike Humility
9780819223272: Money And Faith: The Search For Enough
9780521732239: Scripture, Culture, And Agriculture: An Agrarian Reading Of The Bible
9781587433702: To the Table: A Spirituality of Food, Farming, and Community
9781451462678: Resisting Structural Evil: Love As Ecological-Economic Vocation
9780865427969: Resisting Structural Evil: Love As Ecological-Economic Vocation
9780802867797: Dust and Breath: Faith, Health ― and Why the Church Should Care about Both
9780521146241: Food And Faith: A Theology Of Eating
9780415038331: Food And Faith: A Theology Of Eating
9780232527858: Food And Faith: A Theology Of Eating
9780141031934: Food And Faith: A Theology Of Eating
9780520254039: Food Politics: How The Food Industry Influences Nutrition, And Health, Revised And Expanded Edition (California Studies In Food And Culture)
9780819223692: Simpler Living, Compassionate Life: A Christian Perspective
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.