|Product Name||Mail by the Pail (Great Lakes Books Series)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0814328903|
|Price New||11.27 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||0.01 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.3 inches (convert)|
|Height||11 inches (convert)|
|Length||8.5 inches (convert)|
|Weight||11.2 ounces (convert)|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||In the port city of Manistee on the coast of Lake Michigan lives a girl named Mary. Mary's father is a sailor who works on a lake freighter called the Big Laker. The Big Laker delivers iron, stone, and coal to the many cities along the Great Lakes. Mary's father will not be home this year for his birthday and Mary wants to send him a card. But Mary's card can't be delivered by a mail carrier like other letters. Her father gets his mail by a pail! This is a delightful story that illustrates the mail delivery system for Great Lakes freighters. The J. W. Westcott Company operates the mailboat for the U.S. Postal Service marine post office in Detroit -the only mailboat that delivers mail to freighters while they are moving. The colorful pictures and expressive words in Mail by the Pail will interest young readers as well as anyone living in the states that border the Great Lakes.|
|Similar Items||9780689870682: Clever Beatrice|
9781934133019: Hidden Michigan
9781886947733: M Is For Mitten: A Michigan Alphabet (Discover America State By State)
9780814323687: M Is For Mitten: A Michigan Alphabet (Discover America State By State)
9781585362172: The Legend Of The Petoskey Stone (Myths, Legends, Fairy And Folktales)
9780970462169: I'm A Michigan Kid!
9781886947351: The Legend Of Sleeping Bear
9781585362837: Mackinac Bridge: The Story Of The Five-Mile Poem (Tales Of Young Americans)
9780814330883: Under Michigan: The Story Of Michigan's Rocks And Fossils (Great Lakes Books)
9780932647320: The Mystery on the Great Lakes: Michigan • Superior • Huron • Ontario • Erie (30) (Real Kids Real Places)
9780635074485: The Mystery on the Great Lakes: Michigan • Superior • Huron • Ontario • Erie (30) (Real Kids Real Places)
9781585360543: A Place Called Home
9780974914541: Lighthouse Fireflies
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.