|Product Name||Japanese at a Glance: Phrase Book and Dictionary for Travelers (Barron's Languages at a Glance)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0812013972|
|Price New||3.50 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||0.01 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||4 inches (convert)|
|Height||6.25 inches (convert)|
|Length||0.75 inches (convert)|
|Weight||8.8 ounces (convert)|
|Author||Nobuo Akiyama, Carol Akiyama|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||The full package features a 90-minute cassette with an accompanying 48-page written script of the dialogue. The accompanying pocket-size phrase book/dictionary, Japanese At a Glance, may also be purchased separately.|
|Similar Items||9780764135569: Mandarin Chinese At a Glance: Foreign Language Phrasebook & Dictionary (At a Glance Series)|
9781426208621: National Geographic Traveler: Japan, 4th Edition
9781931257114: Streetwise Tokyo Map - Laminated City Center Street Map Of Tokyo, Japan
9781780042671: Berlitz Japanese Phrase Book And Dictionary
9781742201863: Lonely Planet Japanese Phrasebook & Dictionary
9780804833660: Instant Japanese: How to express 1,000 different ideas with just 100 key words and phrases! (Instant Phrasebook Series)
9780764142123: Korean at a Glance: Foreign Language Phrasebook & Dictionary (At a Glance Series)
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.