|Product Name||Chamber Orchestra And Ensemble Repertoire: A Catalog Of Modern Music (Music Finders)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0810877317|
|Price New||75.57 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||65.31 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||1.16 inches (convert)|
|Height||11.57 inches (convert)|
|Length||9.02 inches (convert)|
|Weight||45.76 ounces (convert)|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||In Chamber Orchestra and Ensemble Repertoire , Dirk Meyer provides conductors, musicians, and librarians with all the information needed to plan their performances of modern chamber music. Meyer lists almost 4,000 works written during the 20th and 21st centuries, representing more than 1,100 composers. Entries are divided into three categories: Chamber Orchestra, String Orchestra, and Ensemble. Presented alphabetically by composer, each entry fully describes the composition, including its duration, year of composition, availability and publisher, and complete instrumentation. The comprehensive appendix allows users to search for repertoire based on a variety of criteria, including instrumentation, duration, solo instruments, and solo voices. As a catalog of modern music, the appendix also provides categories for 21st-century repertoire as well as compositions that require the use of electronics. Finally, an additional appendix offers arrangements for chamber orchestra or ensemble that were made by the "Verein für musikalische Privataufführungen" (Society for Private Musical Performances), a group of composers active in the early 20th century under the guidance of Arnold Schönberg. This valuable resource is complete with a list of publishers and bibliography.|
|Similar Items||9780253348012: The Symphonic Repertoire: The European Symphony from ca. 1800 to ca. 1930: Germany and the Nordic Countries (Volume III)|
9781574631760: Insights And Essays On The Music Performance Library
9780899176062: Orchestral Bowings And Routines
9780810881662: Arias, Ensembles, & Choruses: An Excerpt Finder For Orchestras (Music Finders)
9780810863804: Orchestral Pops Music: A Handbook
9780810856745: Orchestral Music: A Handbook
9781161275896: Orchestral Music: A Handbook
9780942668131: Orchestral Music: A Handbook
9780554736754: Orchestral Music: A Handbook
9780810814844: Orchestral Music: A Handbook
View 7 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.