|Product Name||Southern Appalachian Celebration: In Praise Of Ancient Mountains, Old-Growth Forests, And Wilderness|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Height:14.02 inches / Length:10 inches / Weight:3.53 pounds / Width:0.75 inches|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0807835145|
|Price New||21.50 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||6.50 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.76 inches (convert)|
|Height||14.21 inches (convert)|
|Length||10.35 inches (convert)|
|Weight||56.16 ounces (convert)|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||With this stunning collection of images of the Southern Appalachians, James Valentine presents an enduring portrait of the region's unique natural character. His compelling photographs of ancient mountains, old-growth forests, rare plants, and powerful waterways reveal the Appalachians' rich scenic beauty, while Chris Bolgiano's interpretive text and captions tell the story of its natural history. Over four decades, Valentine has hiked hundreds of miles across mountainous parts of Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, and West Virginia to photograph some of the last remnants of original forest. These scarce and scattered old-growth stands are the most biologically diverse temperate forests in the world. By sharing these remaining pristine wild places with us, Valentine and Bolgiano show that understanding these mountains and their extraordinary biodiversity is vital to maintaining the healthy environment that sustains all life. Featuring an introduction by the late, longtime conservationist Robert Zahner and a foreword by William Meadows, president of The Wilderness Society, this visually entrancing and verbally engaging book celebrates the vibrant life of Southern Appalachian forests.|
|Similar Items||9781940416205: North Carolina (America)|
9781578050666: The Sierra Club Guide To The Ancient Forests Of The Northeast
9781552850275: North Carolina (America)
9781147394054: Wildflowers And Plant Communities Of The Southern Appalachian Mountains And Piedmont: A Naturalist's Guide To The Carolinas, Virginia, Tennessee, And Georgia (Southern Gateways Guides)
9781116825800: Wildflowers And Plant Communities Of The Southern Appalachian Mountains And Piedmont: A Naturalist's Guide To The Carolinas, Virginia, Tennessee, And Georgia (Southern Gateways Guides)
9780982116227: The Blue Ridge Ancient And Majestic: A Celebration Of The World's Oldest Mountains
9780895871435: Wildflowers of the Southern Appalachians: How to Photograph and Identify Them
9780807871720: Wildflowers And Plant Communities Of The Southern Appalachian Mountains And Piedmont: A Naturalist's Guide To The Carolinas, Virginia, Tennessee, And Georgia (Southern Gateways Guides)
9780807871164: Mountain Nature: A Seasonal Natural History Of The Southern Appalachians
9780807835753: Longleaf, Far As The Eye Can See: A New Vision Of North America's Richest Forest
9780807834671: Wild North Carolina: Discovering The Wonders Of Our State's Natural Communities
9780765327185: Longleaf, Far As The Eye Can See: A New Vision Of North America's Richest Forest
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.