|Product Name||Effective Teacher Induction And Mentoring: Assessing The Evidence|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0807749338|
|Price New||26.77 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||26.77 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.5 inches (convert)|
|Height||8.8 inches (convert)|
|Length||6.1 inches (convert)|
|Weight||8.8 ounces (convert)|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||''Finally, the information we have needed regarding support for new teachers is in one book. Well written, based on scientific research, and extremely important to the teaching profession, this book is a must-read.''|
-- Ed Pultorak, Former ATE President, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
''Dr. Michael Strong offers a detailed and well-balanced appraisal of the empirical evidence on the impact of teacher mentoring and induction programs. This is a 'must-read' for anyone who is interested in this topic.''
-- Rodney T. Ogawa, Professor of Education, UCSC, Santa Cruz, California
A well-known authority on teacher induction programs offers the most comprehensive, up-to-date review of all recent research on the effectiveness of mentoring and induction support for new teachers. Michael Strong provides a revealing analysis of teacher induction programs and their consequences for education, teacher quality, teacher effectiveness, and teacher development. Because mentoring programs can be costly, particularly in large urban school districts with high teacher turnover rates, there is a rapidly growing body of research on program structures and their outcomes. This valuable book synthesizes the relevant research in a manner that is accessible, straightforward, and useful. This critical review will benefit educational decision makers by:
* Bringing together the most important research findings in one volume.
* Offering the author s expert opinion on the research, some of which he conducted at the New Teacher Center at the University of California, Santa Cruz.
* Describing the specific contexts in which the research took place.
* Detailing what is needed to implement and evaluate induction/mentoring programs.
* Outlining how to obtain the data necessary to determine whether a program is effective.
|Similar Items||9781412966139: Comprehensive Mentoring Programs For New Teachers: Models Of Induction And Support|
9781118206539: The Art Of Coaching: Effective Strategies For School Transformation
9781883514006: Promoting Academic Success for E. S. L. Students: Understanding Second Language Acquisition for School
9781934742365: New Teacher Mentoring: Hopes And Promise For Improving Teacher Effectiveness
9781607097631: Past, Present, And Future Research On Teacher Induction: An Anthology For Researchers, Policy Makers, And Practitioners
9781571107428: Mentoring Beginning Teachers, Second Edition: Guiding, Reflecting, Coaching
9780962936043: New Teacher Induction: How To Train, Support, And Retain New Teachers
9780470874127: Mentoring Teachers: Navigating The Real-World Tensions
9780912099378: Quality Mentoring For Novice Teachers
9780761938590: Cultivating High-Quality Teaching Through Induction And Mentoring
View 7 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
- Fixed a but fix that was effecting some users. When trying to upload a picture directly from the camera some people got an error. This should be fixed now and everyone should be able to take pictures and directly upload.
- Added some polish to the history list. Thumbnail images and expanded product descriptions are now visible for UPC, EAN, ISBN lookups.
- Other back end polish. Some improvements were made in various places to be more memory effecient. A couple routines that could run a little long have been moved to the background to keep the user interface moving quickly and prevent the app from exiting needlesly.