|Product Name||Evening Star (Avalon Romance)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0803498667|
|Price New||44.93 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||1.99 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||5.25 inches (convert)|
|Height||7.75 inches (convert)|
|Length||1 inches (convert)|
|Weight||12.8 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||Addison Carter was hired by Magnolia Oil to work as their company doctor in Healdton, Oklahoma. In 1917, oil companies didn't hire women to work for them, so that alone was quite a miracle. At least it was until she arrived from eastern Arkansas with an ego the size of Texas and dreams twice as large, only to have them all shredded to pieces in ten minutes when the directors of the oil company informed her they thought she was a male with a name like Addison. She was sitting on the bench outside the drugstore waiting for her ride to take her back to Ardmore to catch the train back to Arkansas when Tilly Anderson sat down beside her. In less than an hour, Addison found herself at the Evening Star ranch setting Tucker Anderson's, Tilly's cantankerous cousin, broken leg and suturing the gash in his hand. Just as suddenly, she was offered the job of caring for him until he healed. Anything beat going back to Arkansas with her deflated ego and shattered dreams so she took on the job. Tucker had his ideas about women. They should live to serve and obey the male species and, rather than endure a lifetime with one like either of his girl cousins, Tilly and Clara, he'd be a bachelor until he reached the Pearly Gates of Heaven. Then he broke his leg and the two cousins hired a female doctor to take care of him. He figured he'd died and gone straight to hell.|
|Similar Items||9781612186849: Life After Wife (A Three Magic Words Romance)|
9781612186610: Hidden Secrets
9781612186429: The Ladies' Room
9781602852310: Sweet Tilly (Center Point Premier Romance (Large Print))
9781602851528: Morning Glory (Center Point Premier Romance (Large Print))
9780803498464: Morning Glory (Avalon Romance)
9780803495166: Emma's Folly (Avalon Historical Romance)
9780803499546: To Dream (A Broken Roads Romance)
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.