|Product Name||The Second Practice Of Nineteenth-Century Tonality|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0803227248|
|Price New||62.57 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||25.00 US Dollars (curriencies)|
In 1861, a half-century before Arnold Schoenberg's break with tonality, a young composer associated with Liszt saw a threshold to musical modernism as lodged in the "suspension of the main key." As the unified tonal perspective of earlier music yielded increasingly to dualistic key structures often laden with chromaticism, the language of music was transformed. In The Second Practice of Nineteenth-Century Tonality, nine prominent theorists and historians explore aspects of this musical evolution, from Schubert to the end of the nineteenth century. Many works discussed are masterpieces of the performance repertory, ranging from Chopin's piano pieces and Wagner's music dramas to the symphonies of Bruckner. The integration of analytical and historical approaches in the essays seeks to avoid narrow specialization as well as the polemic stance of some recent studies. A critical assessment of issues including inter-textuality, narrative, and dramatic symbolism enriches this investigation of what may be described as the "second practice" of nineteenth-century tonality.
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
- Fixed some bugs
- Added the ability to upload images including rotating them if needed prior to uploading.
- Added a scan history screen. You can review the last few scans you have captured with the barcode scanner. You can configure how many items to keep in the history. (default is 40).
- You can configure the format of the date/time stamp in the history.
- Settings have been activated now that there is something that you can configure.
- Added color icons on the main screen and several other places.