|Product Name||Vincent & Theo|
|Category||Electronics / Photography: A/V Media: Movie / TV|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ B0009X7BHI|
|Price New||12.49 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||6.11 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Rating||PG-13 - Parents Strongly Cautioned|
|Trailer||Watch The Trailer|
|Run Time||140 minutes|
|Cast||Jean-Pierre Cassel, Johanna ter Steege, Paul Rhys, Tim Roth, Wladimir Yordanoff|
|Run Time||140 minutes|
|Width||5.25 inches (convert)|
|Height||0.75 inches (convert)|
|Length||7.5 inches (convert)|
|Weight||25 hundredths pounds (convert)|
|Format||Closed-captioned, Color, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC|
|Run Time||140 minutes|
|Long Description||It's the late nineteenth century. Adult Dutch brothers Vincent Van Gogh and Theo Van Gogh, living in Paris, lead differing lives despite having art as a connection. Vincent, who sticks to his principles which includes believing in God but not religion, wants to be a full time painter, living in squalor for his art. Theo, who works in an art gallery, lives for the moment, he selling art which he doesn't much like to lead a comfortable life. One other area of commonality between the brothers is easily succumbing to pleasures of the flesh. Theo does not sell Vincent's art, as he knows it is not in demand. Vincent's view of his brother does not change when he learns it is Theo, and not their father which he had previously thought, who is supporting him. Each brother is a tortured soul - in Vincent's case, it considered in some circles as madness - which affects how each deals with his respective life. Beyond the several sexual relationships each has, some key moments and more extended periods in each their lives over the few years prior to their respective deaths is presented, including: Theo's battle with a bout a syphilis, which affects how and if he can carry on with his sexual relationships; Theo's superiors allowing him to run his own gallery largely on commission, which further pushes him into the realm of selling art he doesn't like to survive; Vincent's period in Provence, where he largely spends with fellow painter Paul Gaugin, one of the few other of his contemporaries he truly admires; and Vincent's infamous self-mutilation of his left ear, leading to Theo's measures to help him over his emotional pain by having him under the care of Dr. Paul Gachet, while dealing with his own turbulent marriage to the former Jo Bonger. That turbulence is largely due to Vincent often being a third in their relationship. This presentation is preceding by showing the acclaim that Vincent is regarded with in current times.|
|Similar Items||9780790795720: Lust For Life|
9780306807268: Stranger On The Earth: A Psychological Biography Of Vincent Van Gogh
0883316237342: Surviving Picasso
0043396452497: Mr. Turner
0043396198104: Goya's Ghosts
0024543148333: Agony and the Ecstasy
0014381663020: Van Gogh: A Brush With Genius: Imax
0012569698826: Lust For Life
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.