|Product Name||Helen's Big World: The Life of Helen Keller (Big Words)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Height:0.6 inches / Length:11 inches / Weight:1.05 pounds / Width:9.8 inches|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 078680890X|
|Price New||9.70 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||5.63 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.38 inches (convert)|
|Height||11 inches (convert)|
|Length||10.38 inches (convert)|
|Weight||16.8 ounces (convert)|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||This picturebook biography is an excellent and accessible introduction for young readers to learn about one of the world's most influential luminaries. With her signature style of prose laced with stirring quotes, Doreen Rappaport brings to life Helen Keller's poignant narrative. Acclaimed illustrator Matt Tavares beautifully captures the dynamism and verve of Helen Keller's life and legacy, making Helen's Big World an unforgettable portrait of a woman whose vision for innovation and progress changed America-and the world-forever.|
|Similar Items||9780312281601: Beyond Courage: The Untold Story Of Jewish Resistance During The Holocaust (Booklist Editor's Choice. Books For Youth (Awards))|
9781561456192: The House On Dirty-Third Street
9780030898969: Noah Webster And His Words
9780375857065: Annie And Helen
9780803737495: Electric Ben: The Amazing Life And Times Of Benjamin Franklin (Boston Globe-Horn Book Awards (Awards))
9781423104087: Abe's Honest Words: The Life of Abraham Lincoln (Big Words)
9780763653019: Lady Liberty: A Biography
9780786851416: Eleanor, Quiet No More
9780380977468: Abe's Honest Words: The Life of Abraham Lincoln (Big Words)
9781423122722: Jack's Path of Courage: The Life of John F. Kennedy (Big Words)
View 74 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.