|Product Name||Thomas Jefferson: A Film By Ken Burns [Vhs]|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 630428957X|
|Price New||8.99 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||3.65 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Long Description||Revered as the author of the Declaration of Independence yet condemned as a slave owner, Thomas Jefferson has entered a new era of controversy. This penetrating biography first portrays the young Jefferson from the Virginia wilderness, transformed by the philosophic fire of the American Revolution. Torn between his career and family life at Monticello, he suffers heartrending personal loss even as he pens a new concept in democratic government. Follow Jefferson's rising star as he becomes U.S. Minister to France, enters national politics, fulfills his destiny as President and begins his busy retirement years.|
|Similar Items||9780780618831: Lewis & Clark - The Journey of the Corps of Discovery [VHS]|
9786301996136: The Civil War - A Film by Ken Burns (Boxed Set) [VHS]
9780780613522: Ken Burns Presents The West [VHS]
9780780636347: New York (7 Episode PBS Boxed Set) [VHS]
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.