|Product Name||Stealing Your Life: The Ultimate Identity Theft Prevention Plan|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0767925874|
|Price New||6.54 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||1.82 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.6 inches (convert)|
|Height||8 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.2 inches (convert)|
|Weight||7.36 ounces (convert)|
|Author||Frank W. Abagnale|
|Long Description||The charismatic forger immortalized in the film Catch Me If You Can exposes the astonishing tactics of today’s identity theft criminals and offers powerful strategies to thwart them based on his second career as an acclaimed fraud-fighting consultant. Consider these sobering facts: *Six out of ten American companies and government agencies have already been hacked. *An estimated 80 percent of birth certificate requests are fulfilled through the mail for people using only a name and a return address. So I could take your name and use my address, and get your birth certificate. From there I’m off to the races. *Americans write 39 billion checks a year, and half of these folks never reconcile their bank statements. *A Social Security number costs $49 on the black market. A driver’s license goes for $90. A birth certificate will set you back $79. When Frank Abagnale trains law enforcement officers around the country about identity theft, he asks officers for their names and addresses and nothing more. In a matter of hours he can obtain everything he would need to steal their lives: Social Security numbers, dates of birth, current salaries, checking account numbers, the names of everyone in their families, and more. This illustrates how easy it is for anyone from anywhere in the world to assume our identities and in a matter of hours devastate our lives in ways that can take years to recover from. Considering that a fresh victim is hit every four seconds, Stealing Your Life is the reference everyone needs by an unsurpassed authority on the latest identity theft schemes. Abagnale offers dozens of concrete steps to transform anyone from an easy mark into a hard case that criminals are likely to bypass: • Don’t allow your kids to use the computer on which you do online banking and store financial records (children are apt to download games and attachments that host damaging viruses or attract spyware). • Beware of offers that appeal to greed or fear in exchange for personal data. • Monitor your credit report regularly and know if anyone’s been “knocking on your door.” • Read privacy statements carefully and choose to opt out of sharing information whenever possible. Brimming with anecdotes of creative criminality that are as entertaining as they are enlightening, Stealing Your Life is the practical way to shield yourself from one of today’s most nefarious and common crimes.|
|Similar Items||9780965496308: Catch Me If You Can|
9780878690060: Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking
9780792396925: Fraud Examination
9780767915601: Catch Me If You Can : The Amazing True Story Of The Most Extraordinary Liar In The History Of Fun And Profit
9780739444955: How To Disappear: Erase Your Digital Footprint, Leave False Trails, And Vanish Without A Trace
9780548468418: 50 Ways To Protect Your Identity In A Digital Age: New Financial Threats You Need To Know And How To Avoid Them (2nd Edition)
9780312327095: The Identity Theft Protection Guide: *Safeguard Your Family *Protect Your Privacy *Recover a Stolen Identity
9780312132187: How To Disappear: Erase Your Digital Footprint, Leave False Trails, And Vanish Without A Trace
9780134305219: The Art Of The Steal: How To Protect Yourself And Your Business From Fraud, America's #1 Crime
0667068998221: Catch Me If You Can
View 6 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
This feature started with version 3.3 of the API and it allows you to update many fields of a product in one call. Prior to this, each attribute for a product was updated in a separate call, causing the process to be a bit slow.
It is important to note that bulk updates only work with JSON formatted data. Because of this, you can leave the mode=json out of your call.
You should use a POST call instead of a GET to avoid over running the length limits that can be found when sending long URLs.
- keycode - your normal API keycode
- update - the first product you intend to update (more info below)
- field - must be set to *bulk*
- test - If you are using GET (please don't) this should be the first parm. Set it to test=1 to avoid saving any actual data.
- imageURL - This is case sensitive. This can be any reachable image in jpg, gif, png format. You can use ftp, http, https and even data URLs here. So rather than pushing in a separate call, we will pull it.
- fields - This is the JSON formatted array of fields to be updated. Yes, this is actually optional. But without it, we won't update any field data.
Each entry in the fields array is made up of keys and data. Some keys are required and some are optional depending on the data type being used. These entries mirror the single field update calls used when updating data one field at a time.
Details of the fields entries
- field - required, the name of the field to be updated
- value - required, the new value for this field
- extra_id - optional, Some fields use 2 fields to store the data. One being a numeric value and the second being a descriptor [such as a ounces, gallons, quarts] This extra value must match the list we keep in our database. You can include the text version of this extra information at the end of the "value" field but it still needs to match what we have. You can also split the value into two fields the way we do passing the number in the "value" field and the descriptor as an index id in this "extra_id" field. For more information, see the "get=extra" in the basic overview for the v3 API.
- reason - used only when you want to delete a field. If you use this, you must set the value field to empty string and give a reason in this field. At least 13 characters are required for this reason.
An example of the JSON to update multiple fields for a single product
The order of each field in the array doesn't matter. We will process them in sequence but sequence makes no difference. So you don't have to sort them or place them in any partcular order.
You can actually update multiple products at the same time. To do this, you still need to pass some basic information for the first product in the required fields (see above). But in the fields JSON, you create an array of products, each with a fields sub-array. The product listed in the update field would be ignored for the most part but must still be valid. So it can be hardcoded when using this method as long as it is a vaild EAN code.
An example of the JSON to update multiple fields for multiple products
It doesn't matter if you are updating a single product or multiple products. When the response is returned, the top level status is always going to be code 200 assuming your required fields passed the test. Then you will see an array of products even if you only passed in one to be updated. Each product entry and each field entry will have a status so you will know if individual updates worked or failed. This includes the imageURL you passed.
An example of the JSON returned after an update call
The return results in each img or status field
- ok - The field or image processed without error
- n/a - No image was sent (not for fields)
- duplicate - The data you sent already exists. (not for images)
- Any other value is an error which may include details but may not.