|Product Name||Researching Online For Dummies?|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0764503820|
|Price New||2.90 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||2.89 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.93 inches (convert)|
|Height||9.26 inches (convert)|
|Length||7.42 inches (convert)|
|Long Description||"Cheat Sheet" with Research Tips and Shortcuts Inside! Find Out How to Use the Web Effectively for All Kinds of Research Projects! Ever been caught in a maze of irrelevant Web links that draw you further and further away from the topic you were trying to research? Researching Online For Dummies ® shows you how to stay focused, find just what you need on the Net, and apply that information to the project you're working on. Valuable Bonus CD Includes: Microsoft's popular Web browser Netscape's powerful Web browser Northern Light: Excerpts of help files from this useful search engine Acrobat Reader: For viewing and printing PDF files Shareware programs are fully functional, free trial versions of copyrighted programs. If you like particular programs, register with their authors for a nominal fee and receive licenses, enhanced versions, and technical support. Freeware programs are free, copyrighted games, applications, and utilities. You can copy them to as many PCs as you like — free — but they have no technical support. System Requirements: 486 or faster PC with Windows 3.1 or later, or a Mac OS computer with OS 7.5 or later; at least 16MB of RAM; CD-ROM drive (2x or faster); and an Internet connection (14,400 BPS or faster modem or network — regular access charges apply) Inside, find helpful advice on how to: Choose the best search engine for your research project Use search tools specialized for your area of interest Link up with a virtual guru for guidance on your quest Get just what you need from online libraries, archives, and gated information services Tackle governmental cyber-bureaucracy like a special agent Make the most of the business and investing data on the Web Verify your information, deal with copyright issues, and cite online resources properly|
|Similar Items||9781582972893: Dialogue: Techniques And Exercises For Crafting Effective Dialogue (Write Great Fiction Series)|
9780811446921: Dialogue: Techniques And Exercises For Crafting Effective Dialogue (Write Great Fiction Series)
9780070578715: The Information Broker's Handbook
9780910965514: The Invisible Web: Uncovering Information Sources Search Engines Can't See
9780471012733: How To Conduct Your Own Survey
9780079118783: The Information Broker's Handbook/Book And Disk (Mcgraw-Hill Series On Computer Communications)
9781551808369: Start & Run an Internet Research Business (Start & Run Business Series)
9780910965859: Building & Running A Successful Research Business: A Guide For The Independent Information Professional
9780395644942: Modern Researcher 5ed Cl
9780321078421: A Short Guide To Writing About Social Science (4th Edition)
9780807749654: The New Digital Storytelling: Creating Narratives With New Media
9780313387494: The New Digital Storytelling: Creating Narratives With New Media
9780134692890: The New Digital Storytelling: Creating Narratives With New Media
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.