|Product Name||250 Tips, Techniques, And Trade Secrets For Potters: The Indispensable Compendium Of Essential Knowledge And Troubleshooting Tips|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Height:0.49 inches / Length:9.64 inches / Weight:1.11 pounds / Width:7.52 inches|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0764141163|
|Price New||16.01 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||12.34 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||7.5 inches (convert)|
|Height||9.75 inches (convert)|
|Length||0.75 inches (convert)|
|Weight||17.76 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||Both amateur and professional potters constantly seek time-saving tips, trade secrets, and new technical knowledge--which makes this handsomely illustrated book exactly what they're looking for! Author Jacqui Atkin describes the full range of available clays and their individual qualities, as well as necessary tools and equipment. She presents easy-to-follow directions for fashioning pottery, and augments her instruction with captioned, step-by-step photos and illustrations. Topics explained in detail cover-- |
Helpful sidebar features include troubleshooting tips with solutions to problems that often arise in the process of making pottery. Here is a book that belongs on the reference shelf of every serious potter. Approximately 450 color illustrations.
|Similar Items||9780130851253: The Craft And Art Of Clay: A Complete Potter's Handbook|
9780072942491: Expertise: A Technical Guide To Ceramics
9780072519518: Hands In Clay : An Introduction To Ceramics
9780070055216: The Essential Guide To Mold Making & Slip Casting (A Lark Ceramics Book)
9780064472715: Alternative Kilns & Firing Techniques: Raku * Saggar * Pit * Barrel (A Lark Ceramics Book)
9780030632273: Ceramics: A Potter's Handbook
9780030289378: Ceramics: A Potter's Handbook
9780030227257: Ceramics: A Potter's Handbook
0885634283551: Sax Denim Wheel Throwers Apron - 42 inches - Navy
0613869902424: Meuxan 31PCS Ceramic Pottery Tools Polymer Clay Sculpting Kit
View 59 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.