|Product Name||Just Ride: A Radically Practical Guide To Riding Your Bike|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Height:9.02 inches / Length:4.49 inches / Weight:0.6 pounds / Width:0.71 inches|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0761155589|
|Price New||4.94 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||2.71 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.63 inches (convert)|
|Height||9 inches (convert)|
|Length||4.5 inches (convert)|
|Weight||9.6 ounces (convert)|
|Features||- Paperback - 256 pages|
|Long Description||In the same way that Michael Pollan’s slim bestseller Food Rules brought a gust of common sense to the everyday activity of eating, Just Ride is a revelation. Forget the ultralight, uncomfortable bikes, flashy jerseys, clunky shoes that clip onto tiny pedals, the grinding out of endless miles. Instead, ride like you did when you were a kid—just get on your bike and discover the pure joy of riding it. |
A reformed racer who’s commuted by bike every day since 1980, whose writings and opinions appear in major bicycling and outdoor magazines, and whose company, Rivendell Bicycle Works, makes bikes for riders ready to opt out of a culture overrun by racing, Grant Petersen shares a lifetime of unexpected facts, controversial opinions, expert techniques, and his own maverick philosophy. In 87 short, two-to-three page chapters, it covers:
• Riding: Count Days, Not Miles; Corner Like Jackie Robinson; Steer with Your Hips, Shift with Your Legs
• Suiting Up: The Shoes Ruse; Ponchos—the Ultimate Unracer’s Garment
• Safety: #1 Rule—Be Seen; Helmets Aren’t All They’re Cracked Up to Be
• Health and Fitness: Why Riding Is Lousy All-Around Exercise; Saddles Don’t Cause Impotence; Drink When You’re Thirsty—Not Before
Also includes chapters on Accessories, Upkeep, and Technicalities as well as a final chapter titled “Velosophy” that includes the essential, memorable thought: Your Bike Is a Toy—Have Fun with It.
|Similar Items||9780262516945: Effective Cycling (MIT Press)|
9780143117964: Bicycle Diaries
9780142180648: Going Somewhere: A Bicycle Journey Across America
9780135456330: Zinn & The Art Of Road Bike Maintenance: The World's Best-Selling Bicycle Repair And Maintenance Guide
9780071400664: The Essential Touring Cyclist: A Complete Guide For The Bicycle Traveler, Second Edition
9780071360197: The Essential Touring Cyclist: A Complete Guide For The Bicycle Traveler, Second Edition
9780062311825: The Epidemic: Raising Secure, Loving, Happy, And Responsible Children In An Era Of Absentee And Permissive Parenting
9780060011840: The Epidemic
9780028629292: The Complete Idiot's Guide To Cycling
4560369001149: Mks Lambda Pedals - 9/16", Silver
View 28 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.