|Product Name||Fantastic Planet (Extreme Readers: Level 2)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0756968410|
|Long Description||Dare to read the extreme! The Fantastic Planet takes a look at the most extreme opposites on earth including, the deepest canyon, the most violent volcano, and more! This unique level 2 nonfiction reader for kindergarten to grade 1 learners will help them explore reading on their own. Dramatic photographs, graphic illustrations, and an amazing “Extreme Facts” list will keep them turning the page. The fact-based approach also makes this book a valuable resource. Children will love to learn to read when give this Extreme Reader! The best-selling Extreme Readers is an exciting series for early readers to explore reading on their own. These unique leveled nonfiction readers feature over 30 titles for preschool to grade 2, covering high-interest topics that will grab children’s attention from the very first page. With the current educational emphasis on reading in content areas and reading comprehension, the Extreme Readers will be a welcome addition at school and at home! Check out our other titles!|
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.