|Product Name||Orphan Train|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0061950726|
|Price New||3.25 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||1.21 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.8 inches (convert)|
|Height||8 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.31 inches (convert)|
|Weight||7.04 ounces (convert)|
|Author||Christina Baker Kline|
|Features||12 Years Old, Bottled by Distillery Bottling|
|Long Description||The #1 New York Times Bestseller Christina Baker Kline’s Orphan Train is an unforgettable story of friendship and second chances that highlights a little-known but historically significant movement in America’s past—and it includes a special PS section for book clubs featuring insights, interviews, and more. Penobscot Indian Molly Ayer is close to “aging out” out of the foster care system. A community service position helping an elderly woman clean out her home is the only thing keeping Molly out of juvie and worse... As she helps Vivian sort through her possessions and memories, Molly learns that she and Vivian aren’t as different as they seem to be. A young Irish immigrant orphaned in New York City, Vivian was put on a train to the Midwest with hundreds of other children whose destinies would be determined by luck and chance. Molly discovers that she has the power to help Vivian find answers to mysteries that have haunted her for her entire life—answers that will ultimately free them both. Rich in detail and epic in scope, Orphan Train is a powerful novel of upheaval and resilience, of unexpected friendship, and of the secrets we carry that keep us from finding out who we are.|
|Similar Items||9780007119752: The Tiger's Wife: A Novel|
9780006378907: Year Of Wonders: A Novel Of The Plague
9780006365006: Crow Lake (Today Show Book Club #7)
9780006174714: The Secret of the Nightingale Palace: A Novel
9780006151371: The Book Thief
9780006136699: The Glass Castle: A Memoir
9780002258906: The Last Runaway
9780001360211: The Round House
8601401212287: The Sweet By And By: A Novel
8601400442494: Ahab's Wife: Or, The Star-Gazer: A Novel (P.S.)
View 59 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.