|Product Name||The Crisis Of The European Union: A Response|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Weight:0.75 pounds|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0745662420|
|Price New||30.00 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||2.37 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.75 inches (convert)|
|Height||8.8 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.75 inches (convert)|
|Weight||17.6 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||Translated by Ciaran Cronin. |
In the midst of the current crisis that is threatening to derail the historical project of European unification, Jürgen Habermas has been one of the most perceptive critics of the ineffectual and evasive responses to the global financial crisis, especially by the German political class. This extended essay on the constitution for Europe represents Habermas’s constructive engagement with the European project at a time when the crisis of the eurozone is threatening the very existence of the European Union. There is a growing realization that the European treaty needs to be revised in order to deal with the structural defects of monetary union, but a clear perspective for the future is missing. Drawing on his analysis of European unification as a process in which international treaties have progressively taken on features of a democratic constitution, Habermas explains why the current proposals to transform the system of European governance into one of executive federalism is a mistake. His central argument is that the European project must realize its democratic potential by evolving from an international into a cosmopolitan community. The opening essay on the role played by the concept of human dignity in the genealogy of human rights in the modern era throws further important light on the philosophical foundations of Habermas’s theory of how democratic political institutions can be extended beyond the level of nation-states.
|Similar Items||9780312225735: The End Of The Euro: The Uneasy Future Of The European Union|
9780984115525: An Attempt At Exhausting A Place In Paris
9780888544643: Nationalism In Europe And America: Politics, Cultures, And Identities Since 1775
9780807872000: Nationalism In Europe And America: Politics, Cultures, And Identities Since 1775
9781588266071: Ever Closer Union: An Introduction To European Integration, 4th Edition
9781588262318: European Union Readings On The Theory And Practice Of European Integration
9780807015216: Legitimation Crisis
9780743284554: The End Of History And The Last Man
9780815721963: Saving Europe: How National Politics Nearly Destroyed The Euro
9780230018891: The End Of The Euro: The Uneasy Future Of The European Union
View 41 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.