|Product Name||Diary Of An Escape|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0745644252|
|Price New||45.70 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||55.42 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||1.02 inches (convert)|
|Height||9.3 inches (convert)|
|Length||6.3 inches (convert)|
|Weight||115 hundredths pounds (convert)|
|Long Description||n Many people across the world know Antonio Negri as aninternationally renowned political thinker whose book, Empire,co-authored with Michael Hardt, is an international bestseller. Much less well known is the fact that, up until 1979, Negri wasa university professor teaching in Paris and Padova. On April 7th,1979 he was arrested, charged with the murder of Italian politicianAldo Moro, accused of 17 other murders, of being the head of theRed Brigades and of fomenting insurrection against the state. Hehas since been absolved of all these accusations, but thanks to theemergency laws in Italy at the time, he was sentenced to 30 yearsin prison. Then, in July 1983, he was elected as a member ofparliament, which meant that he was released from prison after fourand a half years of preventive detention. After months of debate,the Lower House decided to strip him of his parliamentary immunityÐ by 300 votes in favour and 293 against. At that point heleft Italy for exile in France where he remained until 1997 andcontinued to maintain his innocence of all the crimes of which hewas accused. This book is Negri's diary in which he tells of hisimprisonment, trial, the elections, and his escape to and exile inFrance. Both personal and political, it recounts a little knownaspect of Negri's life and will be of great interest to anyoneconcerned with the work of this enormously influential politicalthinker.|
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.