|Product Name||Economic Liberalization And Political Violence: Utopia Or Dystopia?|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0745330630|
|Price New||27.96 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||10.50 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.8 inches (convert)|
|Height||8.46 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.31 inches (convert)|
|Weight||97 hundredths pounds (convert)|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||Globalisation is lauded by some as a tool for spreading peace and prosperity, and decried by others as a harbinger of conflict and war. This book challenges both views. Narrowing down globalisation to the more manageable notion of neoliberalism, Economic Liberalization and Political Violence studies the effect of neoliberalism on violent conflict and war-making. The sophisticated analysis includes statistical work and a set of qualitative case studies from Latin America (Colombia, Peru, El Salvador, and Guatemala) and sub-Saharan Africa (Côte d’Ivoire, Sudan, and Uganda). The findings demonstrate that the shift to neoliberal policies has produced widely diverging outcomes in different contexts. An invaluable source for students of political economy, development studies and international relations this book shows that neoliberalism can help to end violent conflict as well as bringing about new, criminal forms of violence.|
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
- Fixed some bugs
- Added the ability to upload images including rotating them if needed prior to uploading.
- Added a scan history screen. You can review the last few scans you have captured with the barcode scanner. You can configure how many items to keep in the history. (default is 40).
- You can configure the format of the date/time stamp in the history.
- Settings have been activated now that there is something that you can configure.
- Added color icons on the main screen and several other places.