|Product Name||44 Charles Street: A Novel (Random House Large Print)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0739378058|
|Price New||58.14 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||3.81 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.83 inches (convert)|
|Height||9.2 inches (convert)|
|Length||6.2 inches (convert)|
|Weight||15.68 ounces (convert)|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||A magical transformation takes place in Danielle Steel’s luminous new novel: Strangers become roommates, roommates become friends, and friends become a family in a turn-of-the-century house in Manhattan’s West Village. The plumbing leaked; the furniture was rescued from garage sales. And every inch was being restored to its original splendor—even as a relationship fell apart. Owner of a struggling art gallery and newly separated from her boyfriend, Francesca Thayer does the math and then the unimaginable. She puts out an advertisement for boarders, and soon her Greenwich Village house becomes a whole new world. First comes Eileen, a pretty L.A. transplant, now a New York City schoolteacher. Then there’s Chris, a young father struggling for custody of his seven-year-old son. The final tenant is Marya, a celebrated cookbook author hoping to heal after the death of her husband. Over the course of one amazing, unforgettable, life-changing year, the house at 44 Charles Street fills with laughter, heartbreak, and, always, hope. In the hands of master storyteller Danielle Steel, it’s a place those who visit will never want to leave.|
|Similar Items||9780804121057: Winners: A Novel (Random House Large Print)|
9780440243304: A Good Woman: A Novel
9781602857698: Hannah's List (Center Point Platinum Fiction (Large Print))
9780739328248: One Day At A Time (Random House Large Print)
9780552154772: Matters Of The Heart
9780739378458: Betrayal: A Novel (Random House Large Print)
9780739378250: Happy Birthday: A Novel (Random House Large Print)
9780307990846: The Sins Of The Mother: A Novel (Random House Large Print)
9780307990655: Friends Forever: A Novel (Random House Large Print)
9780739378397: Hotel Vendome: A Novel (Random House Large Print)
View 11 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.