|Product Name||A Death In Vienna|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0739309323|
|Price New||87.13 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||8.11 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.98 inches (convert)|
|Height||5.68 inches (convert)|
|Length||4.9 inches (convert)|
|Features||Audio CD - Abridged, Box set|
|Long Description||Art restorer and sometime spy Gabriel Allon is sent to Vienna to authenticate a painting, but the real object of his search becomes something else entirely: to find out the truth about the photograph that has turned his world upside down. It is the face of the unnamed man who brutalized his mother in the last days of World War II, during the Death March from Auschwitz. But is it really the same one? If so, who is he? How did he escape punishment? Where is he now?|
Fueled by an intensity he has not felt in years, Allon cautiously begins to investigate, but the more layers he strips away, the greater the evil that is revealed, a web stretching across sixty years and thousands of lives. Soon, the quest for one monster becomes the quest for many. And the monsters are stirring . . .
Filled with sharply etched characters and prose, and a plot of astonishing intricacy, this is an uncommonly intelligent thriller by one of our very best writers.
|Similar Items||9780062320117: The Heist CD: A Novel (Gabriel Allon)|
9781423368335: The Unlikely Spy (Gabriel Allon Novels)
9781455806065: Daniel Silva Gabriel Allon Cd Collection: Prince Of Fire, The Messenger, The Secret Servant (Gabriel Allon Series)
9780062119230: Portrait Of A Spy Low Price Cd: A Novel (Gabriel Allon)
9781423368298: The Mark Of The Assassin (Michael Osbourne, Book 1)
9781423368328: The Unlikely Spy (Gabriel Allon Novels)
9781423368373: The Unlikely Spy (Gabriel Allon Novels)
9781469272047: Prince Of Fire (Gabriel Allon Series)
9781455897612: The Rembrandt Affair (Gabriel Allon Series)
9781455807611: The Messenger (Gabriel Allon Series)
9780739324905: The Confessor (Gabriel Allon Novels)
9780451208187: The English Assassin (Gabriel Allon)
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.