|Product Name||Writing Selves in Diaspora: Ethnography of Autobiographics of Korean Women in Japan and the United States (New Asian Anthropology)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0739129015|
|Price New||74.10 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||108.96 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.9 inches (convert)|
|Height||9.37 inches (convert)|
|Length||6.33 inches (convert)|
|Weight||105 hundredths pounds (convert)|
|Long Description||Linking autobiographic writings by Korean women in Japan and the United States and the author's ethnographic insights, Writing Selves in Diaspora presents an original, profound, and powerful intervention―both literary and anthropological―in our understanding of life in diaspora, being female, and forming selves. |
Each chapter offers unique and original discussion on the intersection between gender and diaspora on one hand and the process of the self's formation on the other. Chapters are mutually engaging, yet have independent themes to explore: language and self, romantic love, exile and totalitarianism, the ethic of care, and critique of medicalization of identity. Through the introduction of women's lives and introspection and interpretation accorded to them, this book delivers an unprecedented text of candor and courage.
This book will have appeal for both academic and intellectually-informed lay readers interested in gender, self, and diaspora.
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
- Fixed some bugs
- Added the ability to upload images including rotating them if needed prior to uploading.
- Added a scan history screen. You can review the last few scans you have captured with the barcode scanner. You can configure how many items to keep in the history. (default is 40).
- You can configure the format of the date/time stamp in the history.
- Settings have been activated now that there is something that you can configure.
- Added color icons on the main screen and several other places.