|Product Name||Stefan Grossman's Early Masters of American Blues Guitar: Mississippi John Hurt, Book & CD|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Height:0.32 inches / Length:11.92 inches / Weight:0.82 pounds / Width:9.02 inches|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0739043307|
|Price New||15.11 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||12.96 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||9 inches (convert)|
|Height||12.25 inches (convert)|
|Length||0.25 inches (convert)|
|Weight||8.8 ounces (convert)|
|Author||Mississippi John Hurt, Stefan Grossman|
|Features||Contributors: Mississippi John Hurt / transcr. Stefan GrossmanSeries: Stefan Grossman's Early Masters of American Blues GuitarInstrument: GuitarPage count: 96ISBN: 0739043307|
|Long Description||The Early Masters of American Blues series provides the unique opportunity to study the true roots of modern blues. Stefan Grossman, noted roots-blues guitarist and musicologist, has compiled this fascinating collection of 26 songs legendary blues guitarist Mississippi John Hurt. In addition to Stefan's expert transcriptions, the book includes a CD containing the John Hurt's original recordings so you can hear the music as it was originally performed. |
Mississippi John Hurt had a fascinating career, originally recording a handful of songs in the late 1920s, and, after disappearing for nearly 30 years, being rediscovered by a new generation of musicians that included Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, and Stephen Sills. Found in 1963 living in a small town in Mississippi, by an admirer who tracked him down through the lyrics of his 1928 single "Avalon Blues," Mississippi John Hurt was persuaded to go to Washington, D.C. and start a new career. He spent the next three years performing and recording for a whole new group of fans. In addition to transcribing all the songs in this collection, Stefan Grossman was also a student of John Hurt.
|Similar Items||9781864693775: CP69377 - Progressive Ragtime Fingerpicking Guitar Method (The Progressive Series)|
9781617030086: Mississippi John Hurt: His Life, His Times, His Blues (American Made Music Series)
9781576232804: Beginners' Fingerpicking Guitar: Book & CD
9781562229061: Away Down In The Alley: The Great Blues Guitar Of Lonnie Johnson: Fingerstyle Guitar
9781423445791: Roots & Blues Fingerstyle Guitar: Acoustic Guitar Private Lessons (Acoustic Guitar Magazine's Private Lessons)
9780825602955: Oak Anthology Of Blues Guitar: Texas Blues Guitar
9780825600012: Masters Of Instrumental Blues Guitar
9780793589197: Robert Johnson: The New Transcriptions
9780786683918: John Miller's Country Blues Guitar Collection Book/Cd Set
9780786659272: Blues And Ragtime Fingerstyle Guitar
9780786651269: Mel Bay Complete Country Blues Guitar Book/ Cd Set
9780739043332: Stefan Grossman's Early Masters of American Blues Guitar: Blind Blake, Book & CD
9780739043318: Stefan Grossman's Early Masters of American Blues Guitar: Blind Boy Fuller, Book & CD
9780739042816: Stefan Grossman's Early Masters of American Blues Guitar: Country Blues Guitar, Book & CD
0796279111355: Atlanta Blues Guitar
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.