|Product Name||One Hundred And One Beautiful Towns In France: Food & Wine|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0789322056|
|Price New||124.51 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||7.62 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.98 inches (convert)|
|Height||10.26 inches (convert)|
|Length||10.3 inches (convert)|
|Weight||53.44 ounces (convert)|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||Beautifully illustrated as well as informative, One Hundred & One Beautiful Towns in France: Food and Wine explores the local delicacies of a country known for and proud of its love of food and wine. Organized by region, this book features a wonderful sampling of French plaisirs de la table and the shops and markets where you can find them. The classic dishes and drink of France are as remarkably varied as its many different regions: Quench your thirst with a glass of calvados, the heady apple brandy that Normandy is known for; reach "land’s end" or Finistère, in Brittany, and enjoy a galette, a savory buckwheat crêpe stuffed with ham and cheese or mushrooms and lobster; don’t miss the vendange (harvest) in romantic Burgundy or a simple, hearty meal of boeuf bourguignon; in scenic Alsace enjoy a piping-hot flammekueche, a tart of local cheeses, speck, and onions. A thorough appendix provides useful addresses and phone numbers to accommodate planning your trip, including hotel listings, restaurants, wineries, and shops. Sidebars give information on local delicacies to be tasted and imbibed, as well as where to find the choicest goods.|
|Similar Items||9780517553435: The Most Beautiful Country Towns Of England (Most Beautiful Villages Series)|
9780500512357: The Most Beautiful Country Towns Of England (Most Beautiful Villages Series)
9780500511282: The Most Beautiful Villages Of Spain
9780237516598: The Most Beautiful Villages Of Spain
9780847827411: One Hundred & One Beautiful Towns In Italy: Food And Wine (101 Beautiful Small Towns)
9781892145505: Quiet Corners Of Paris
9780938314417: The Most Beautiful Country Towns Of Provence (Most Beautiful Villages)
9780500510872: The Most Beautiful Country Towns Of Provence (Most Beautiful Villages)
9780500510513: The Most Beautiful Villages Of The Loire
9780847828418: One Hundred & One Beautiful Small Towns In France (101 Beautiful Small Towns)
View 8 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.