|Product Name||The Mystery on the California Mission Trail (5) (Real Kids Real Places)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0635016567|
|Price New||5.98 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||3.98 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.4 inches (convert)|
|Height||7.5 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.25 inches (convert)|
|Weight||5.28 ounces (convert)|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||A series of clues in Spanish lead four real kids down California's famous Old Mission Trail in search of a solution to a mystery of history and hilarity! |
LOOK what's in this mystery - people, places, history, and more!
Definition of missions, and their functions in the past and present • Mission architecture and design • Missions and the California Gold Rush • Why missions were founded, and the hardships involved • Indians• reactions to the missions, and the effects of the missions on the Indians • Father Junipero Serra's work with the missions and his burial • Important facts about each mission the group visits, including information on architecture, present-day status of the mission, the bells in each mission, circumstances surrounding the missions • foundings, and other distinctive trivia • foundings, and other distinctive trivia • Po Rico, a Spanish governor in America • Secularization • El Camino Real • Ojo de Dios craft • Mission La Pur • sima • Concepci-n, Lompoc • Mission Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara • Mission Santa Solvang • Mission Snaventura, San Buenaventura • Mission San Juan Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano • Mission San Gabriel Arcangel, San Gabriel • Mission San Fernando Rey de Espa-a, Mission Hills • Mission San Antonio de Padua, Jolon • Mission Nuestra Se-ora de la Soledad, Soledad • Mission San Francisco de As's (or Mission Dolores), San Francisco.
This book was nominated for the prestigious 2004 Beatty Award! Like all of Carole Marsh Mysteries, this mystery incorporates history, geography, culture and cliffhanger chapters that will keep kids begging for more! This mystery includes SAT words, educational facts, fun and humor, built-in book club and activities.
Below is the Reading Levels Guide for this book:
Grade Levels: 3-6
Accelerated Reader Reading Level: 5.7
Accelerated Reader Points: 3
Accelerated Reader Quiz Number: 74565
Lexile Measure: 870
Fountas & Pinnell Guided Reading Level: Q
Developmental Assessment Level: 40
Get your FREE Resources!
1. Download the Carole Marsh Mysteries Real Kids! Real Places! Correlations to Common Core/State Standards HERE.
2. Download the Where Have You Been map HERE.
3. Utilize the Real Kids! Real Places! Common Core State Standards Teacher Resource for classroom discussion questions and activities for ELA grades 2-6. This can be used for all 50 mysteries HERE.
4. Download additional activities including Fact or Fiction, Fascinating Facts, Book Club Discussions and Book Club Activities HERE.
5. Want a sneak peak? Read the first three chapters HERE.
|Similar Items||9780635016522: The Mystery of the Alamo Ghost (4) (Real Kids Real Places)|
9780590025706: Math Rashes And Other Classroom Tales
9780531212448: The California Gold Rush (True Books)
9780531212400: The Spanish Missions of California (True Books: American History (Paperback))
9780531201879: California Missions (First Books--Western U.S. History)
9780486273464: California Missions Coloring Book (Dover History Coloring Book)
9780448462899: What Was the Gold Rush?
9780439339025: Math Rashes And Other Classroom Tales
9780376051721: The California Missions: A Complete Pictorial History And Visitor's Guide (Sunset Pictorial)
View 34 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.