|Product Name||Stories From Mexico/Historias De Mexico, Second Edition|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0071701761|
|Price New||8.00 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||5.95 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.4 inches (convert)|
|Height||9 inches (convert)|
|Length||6 inches (convert)|
|Weight||7.84 ounces (convert)|
|Author||Genevieve Barlow, William Stivers|
Enjoy the tales of Mexico--in Spanish and in English!
In Stories from Mexico/Historias de Mexico, we've placed the Spanish and English stories side by side--lado a lado--so you can practice and improve your reading skills in your new language while enjoying the support of your native tongue. This way, you'll avoid the inconvenience of constantly having to look up unfamiliar words and expressions in a dictionary. Read as much as you can understand, and then look to the facing page for help if necessary. As you read, you can check your comprehension by comparing the two versions of the story. You'll also find a bilingual vocabulary list at the end of the book, so you'll have a handy reference for new words.
Stories from Mexico/Historias de Mexico gives you the chance to
Genevieve Barlow and William N. Stivers are experienced Spanish educators and authors.
|Similar Items||9780554417172: Short Stories in Spanish: New Penguin Parallel Text (Spanish and English Edition)|
9780195018455: Short Stories in Spanish: New Penguin Parallel Text (Spanish and English Edition)
9780175558506: Short Stories in Spanish: New Penguin Parallel Text (Spanish and English Edition)
9780140432329: Short Stories in Spanish: New Penguin Parallel Text (Spanish and English Edition)
9780140265415: Short Stories in Spanish: New Penguin Parallel Text (Spanish and English Edition)
9781148725888: Stories From Spain/Historias De Espana, Second Edition
9780071702669: Stories From Spain/Historias De Espana, Second Edition
9780071701754: Stories From Puerto Rico (Eb) (Side By Side Bilingual Books)
9780071701747: Stories From Latin America/Historias De Latinoamerica, Second Edition
9780071615587: 101 Spanish Proverbs With Mp3 Disk (1001 Series)
View 32 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.