|Product Name||No One Would Listen: A True Financial Thriller|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0470919000|
|Price New||9.12 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||0.67 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||1 inches (convert)|
|Height||8.72 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.9 inches (convert)|
|Weight||17.12 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||Harry Markopolos and his team of financial sleuths discuss first-hand how they cracked the Madoff Ponzi scheme|
No One Would Listen is the thrilling story of how the Harry Markopolos, a little-known number cruncher from a Boston equity derivatives firm, and his investigative team uncovered Bernie Madoff's scam years before it made headlines, and how they desperately tried to warn the government, the industry, and the financial press.
Page by page, Markopolos details his pursuit of the greatest financial criminal in history, and reveals the massive fraud, governmental incompetence, and criminal collusion that has changed thousands of lives forever-as well as the world's financial system.
Despite repeated written and verbal warnings to the SEC by Harry Markopolos, Bernie Madoff was allowed to continue his operations. No One Would Listen paints a vivid portrait of Markopolos and his determined team of financial sleuths, and what impact Madoff's scam will have on financial markets and regulation for decades to come.
|Similar Items||9780470467671: Intermediate Accounting Thirteenth Edition, Vol. 1-2|
9780735584211: Employment Law: A Guide To Hiring, Managing And Firing For Employers And Employees
0030306510293: Chasing Madoff
9781250007438: The Wizard Of Lies: Bernie Madoff And The Death Of Trust
9780789121561: The Wizard Of Lies: Bernie Madoff And The Death Of Trust
9780470443316: Extraordinary Circumstances: The Journey Of A Corporate Whistleblower
9780300052350: The Cheating Culture: Why More Americans Are Doing Wrong To Get Ahead
9780300044034: The Cheating Culture: Why More Americans Are Doing Wrong To Get Ahead
9780156030052: The Cheating Culture: Why More Americans Are Doing Wrong To Get Ahead
9780393328493: American Mania: When More Is Not Enough
View 11 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.