|Product Name||Storm Front (Dresden Files)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Mass Market Paperback|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0451457811|
|Price New||2.00 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||0.01 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||1.02 inches (convert)|
|Height||7.5 inches (convert)|
|Length||4.25 inches (convert)|
|Weight||8.16 ounces (convert)|
|Binding||Mass Market Paperback|
|Long Description||THE FIRST DRESDEN FILES NOVEL FROM #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR JIM BUTCHER|
For Harry Dresden—Chicago's only professional wizard—business, to put it mildly, stinks. So when the police bring him in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with black magic, Harry's seeing dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage behind it. And now that mage knows Harry's name...
“A great series—fast-paced, vividly realized and with a hero/narrator who’s excellent company.”—Cinescape
|Similar Items||9780451459404: Death Masks (Dresden Files)|
9780451458926: Summer Knight (Dresden Files)
9780451458445: Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, Book 3)
9780451458124: Fool Moon (Dresden Files)
9780451419125: Cold Days (Dresden Files)
9780375866715: Cold Days: A Novel Of The Dresden Files
9780356500287: Fool Moon (The Dresden Files)
9780345522474: Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles)
9780345276353: Master Of The Five Magics (Del Rey Fantasy)
9780099535522: The Second Coming
View 11 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.