|Product Name||Introductory Statistics: Exploring The World Through Data|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Height:10.87 inches / Length:8.5 inches / Weight:3.53 pounds / Width:1.1 inches|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0321322150|
|Price New||47.97 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||11.82 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||1.2 inches (convert)|
|Height||11 inches (convert)|
|Length||8.6 inches (convert)|
|Weight||60 ounces (convert)|
|Author||Robert N. Gould, Colleen N. Ryan|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||We live in a data-driven world, and this is a book about understanding and working with that data. In order to be informed citizens, authors Rob Gould and Colleen Ryan believe that learning statistics extends beyond the classroom to an essential life skill. They teach students of all math backgrounds how to think about data, how to reason using data, and how to make decisions based on data. With a clear, unintimidating writing style and carefully chosen pedagogy, Introductory Statistics: Exploring the World through Data makes data analysis accessible to all students. Guided Exercises support students by building their confidence as they learn to solve problems. Snapshots summarize statistical procedures and concepts for convenient studying. While this text assumes the use of statistical software, formulas are presented as an aid to understanding the concepts rather than the focus of study. Check Your Tech features demonstrate how students will get the same numerical value by-hand as when using statistical software.|
|Similar Items||9780134792477: Hands In Clay : An Introduction To Ceramics|
9780078038426: The Moral of the Story: An Introduction to Ethics (Philosophy and Religion)
9780078029110: Management: Skills & Application (Irwin Management)
9780078025372: Fundamentals Of Financial Accounting
9780065017373: The Developing Child
9780062084392: Simply Jesus: A New Vision Of Who He Was, What He Did, And Why He Matters
9780060406288: The Developing Child
9780060406042: The Developing Child
9780060405793: The Developing Child
9780060405779: The Developing Child, 4th Edition
View 37 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.