|Product Name||The Genius Of Islam: How Muslims Made The Modern World|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0375840729|
|Price New||8.47 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||10.00 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.31 inches (convert)|
|Height||11.31 inches (convert)|
|Length||8.88 inches (convert)|
|Weight||13.6 ounces (convert)|
|Features||The Muslim world has often been a bridge between East and West, In this important book, Bryn Barnard uses short, engaging text and gorgeous full-color artwork to bring Islam's contributions gloriously to life, Chockful of information and pictures, and eminently browsable, The Genius of Islam is the definitive guide to a fascinating topic|
|Long Description||The Middle Ages were a period of tremendous cultural and scientific advancement in the Islamic Empire—ideas and inventions that shaped our world. Did you know that: • The numbers you use every day (Arabic numerals!) are a Muslim invention? • The marching band you hear at football games has its roots in the Middle East? • You are drinking orange juice at breakfast today thanks to Islamic farming innovations? • The modern city's skyline was made possible by Islamic architecture? The Muslim world has often been a bridge between East and West, but many of Islam's crucial innovations are hidden within the folds of history. In this important book, Bryn Barnard uses short, engaging text and gorgeous full-color artwork to bring Islam's contributions gloriously to life. Chockful of information and pictures, and eminently browsable, The Genius of Islam is the definitive guide to a fascinating topic.|
|Similar Items||9780778721772: Science, Medicine, And Math In The Early Islamic World (Life In The Early Islamic World)|
9780778721741: Arts And Culture In The Early Islamic World (Life In The Early Islamic World)
9780756645052: Thomas Jefferson's Qur'an: Islam And The Founders
9780737749045: Extraordinary Women From The Muslim World
9780614216066: 1001 Inventions And Awesome Facts From Muslim Civilization (National Geographic Kids)
9780544652262: It's Ramadan, Curious George
9780516273778: Under The Ramadan Moon
9780375870347: Deep In The Sahara
9780061782428: Stories Of The Prophets In The Holy Qu'ran
8601200520996: The House Of Wisdom: How The Arabs Transformed Western Civilization
View 18 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.