|Product Name||That Girl And Phil: An Insider Tells What Life Is Really Like In The Marlo Thomas/Phil Donahue Household|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0312051697|
|Price New||9.71 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||2.00 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Author||Desmond Atholl, Michael Cherkinian|
|Long Description||When London-born Desmond Atholl, a majordomo for some of the world's most affluent families, accepted a post with power-couple Marlo Thomas and Phil Donohue, he certainly never imagined that it would prove to be the greatest challenge of his career. Supervising their New York penthouse, Connecticut country estate, forty-foot yacht, and sizable staff, he found his days filled with hilarious mishaps, exaggerated misunderstandings, and almost unbelievable escapades of a crazy upstairs-downstairs comedy. Now, Desmond tells the story that virtually wrote itself - the collected adventures of his frantic life with TV's That Girl, the self-absorbed perfectionist Marlo Thomas, and her meat-and-potatoes King of the Talk Shoes husband, Phil Donohue. With dry wit and a droll sense of humor, he recounts this uproarious real-life sitcom.|
|Similar Items||9780684802862: Vicki!: The True-Life Adventures Of Miss Fireball|
9780312143541: Hi Bob! : A Self-Help Guide To The Bob Newhart Show
9780312081379: At Your Service: Memoirs of a Majordomo
0826663112603: That Girl
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.