|Product Name||The Faith: What Christians Believe, Why They Believe It, And Why It Matters|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0310276039|
|Price New||2.94 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||0.25 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||1 inches (convert)|
|Height||8.8 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.88 inches (convert)|
|Weight||48 ounces (convert)|
|Author||Charles W. Colson, Harold Fickett|
Rightly understood and rightly communicated, the Christian faith is one of great joy. It is an invitation to God’s kingdom, where tears are replaced by laughter and longing hearts find their purpose and their home. This is the heart of the gospel: God’s search to reclaim us and love us as his own. But have we truly grasped this? Those of us who have disdained Christianity as a religion of bigotry—have we repudiated the genuine article or merely demonstrated our own prejudice and ignorance? Those of us who are Christians—have we deeply apprehended the mission of Jesus, and do our ways and character faithfully reflect his beauty? From the nature of God, to the human condition, to the work of Jesus, to God’s coming kingdom, and all that lies between, how well do we understand the foundational truths of Christianity and their implications? The Faith is a book for our troubled times and for decades to come, for Christians and non-Christians alike. It is the most important book Chuck Colson and Harold Fickett have ever written: a thought-provoking, soul-searching, and powerful manifesto of the great, historical central truths of Christianity that have sustained believers through the centuries. Brought to immediacy with vivid, true stories, here is what Christianity is really about and why it is a religion of hope, redemption, and beauty.
|Similar Items||9780310276074: The Faith Participant's Guide: Six Sessions|
9780664324759: The Sky Is Not Falling: Living Fearlessly In These Turbulent Times
9780842355889: How Now Shall We Live?
9780842377492: The Good Life: Seeking Purpose, Meaning, and Truth in Your Life
9780767331777: How Now Shall We Live?
9780385508117: Charles W. Colson: A Life Redeemed
9780912376134: Born Again
9780842354097: How Now Shall We Live? Devotional (Colson, Charles)
9780849908668: The Body: Being Light In Darkness
9780551032583: How Now Shall We Live?
View 66 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.