|Product Name||Understanding Somalia And Somaliland: Culture, History, Society (Columbia/Hurst)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Height:8.46 inches / Length:0.51 inches / Weight:0.7 pounds / Width:5.63 inches|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0231700849|
|Price New||84.22 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||34.01 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||5.7 inches (convert)|
|Height||0.5 inches (convert)|
|Length||8.6 inches (convert)|
|Weight||11.2 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||Ioan Lewis details the history and culture of the Somali people, providing a unique window into this little-known culture and its increasingly public predicaments. He provides insight into the complex social, historical, and cultural hinterland that is the Somali heritage and pays close attention to the pervasive influence of traditional nomadism, especially its decentralized nature. Lewis also addresses developments in the Somali political region since the collapse of the Republic in 1991, including the formation and steady development of the democratic state of Somaliland. Though it has grown into a de facto personality, this self-governing outpost of democracy is still officially unrecognized internationally. Lewis concludes with a discussion of the Islamist movement that brought a brief but astonishing period of stability to much of Southern Somalia in late 2006.|
|Similar Items||9780755338139: It's Our Turn To Eat: The Story Of A Kenyan Whistle-Blower|
9780061346590: It's Our Turn To Eat: The Story Of A Kenyan Whistle-Blower
9781842779330: Getting Somalia Wrong?: Faith, War And Hope In A Shattered State (African Arguments)
9780781806213: Somali-English, English-Somali Dictionary And Phrasebook (Hippocrene Dictionary & Phrasebook)
9780436294006: The World's Most Dangerous Place: Inside The Outlaw State Of Somalia
9780306821172: The World's Most Dangerous Place: Inside The Outlaw State Of Somalia
9781110627714: Al-Shabaab in Somalia: The History and Ideology of a Militant Islamist Group
9780199327874: Al-Shabaab In Somalia: The History And Ideology Of A Militant Islamist Group
9781569021033: Saints And Somalis: Popular Islam In A Clan-Based Society
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.