|Product Name||Inter-Act: Interpersonal Communication Concepts, Skills, And Contexts|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Weight:0 pounds|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0199836884|
|Price New||49.39 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||4.86 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||1 inches (convert)|
|Height||7 inches (convert)|
|Length||9.9 inches (convert)|
|Weight||35.2 ounces (convert)|
|Author||Kathleen S. Verderber, Rudolph F. Verderber|
|Features||Used Book in Good Condition|
|Long Description||Designed to help students understand communication processes in relationships and develop specific skills needed to create and maintain healthy ones, Inter-Act: Interpersonal Communication Concepts, Skills, and Contexts, Thirteenth Edition, retains the features that have made this book so successful: a theory driven skills-based focus, an accessible tone and presentation, and a multitude of useful pedagogical tools. For this edition, Joseph Mazer of Clemson University (whose scholarship includes original research on social media) authored much of the new and unique social media content and Brant Burleson and Erina MacGeorge of Purdue helped to update the scholarship, while maintaining the skills-based approach that this text is known for. |
Lively and well-written, Inter-Act features numerous activities that enable students to relate their everyday experiences to their studies in communication. It also clearly illustrates how cultural, racial, and gender differences-as well as electronically mediated messages-alter what we should do to communicate effectively. With a strong focus on the importance of ethics, this leading text encourages students to develop their analytical abilities as they think critically about key concepts in interpersonal communication.
|Similar Items||9781285429779: Foundations Of Marketing|
9780745630687: Theories of DevelopmentConcepts and Applications
9780205810468: Theories of DevelopmentConcepts and Applications
9780071345699: Theories of DevelopmentConcepts and Applications
9780205053148: Ethics: Theory And Practice (11th Edition)
9780073378879: Public Relations: The Profession And The Practice
9780312625641: Joining The Conversation & Portfolio Keeping 2e
9780736090193: Dynamic Health And Human Movement (Health On Demand)
9780137007516: Choices For College Success (2nd Edition)
9780742514638: Making Your Mind Matter: Strategies For Increasing Practical Intelligence
View 30 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.