|Product Name||Cleopatra Rules!: The Amazing Life Of The Original Teen Queen|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 1590787188|
|Price New||14.50 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||5.98 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||7.2 inches (convert)|
|Height||0.6 inches (convert)|
|Length||9.1 inches (convert)|
|Weight||18.4 ounces (convert)|
|Author||Vicky Alvear Shecter|
|Long Description||Good. Evil. Dangerous. Glamorous. Will the real Cleopatra please stand up? Almost everything we know about the last queen of Egypt came from her enemies the Romans. Now it's time to meet the ''real'' Cleopatra, a ruler more complex, brilliant, and powerful than we ever knew. Cleopatra didn't just rock the boat when she became queen at seventeen. She rocked the world with brilliant alliances that kept her in power and in control. When Mark Antony tried to put Egypt under his thumb, she negotiated for - and won - more territory than any Egyptian ruler had snagged in generations. Cleopatra didn't just play by the rules. She made them up as she went along. She bowed to no one, including Octavian the future Caesar Augustus who never missed an opportunity to pump out anti-Cleopatra propaganda. The queen of Egypt has fascinated the world for thousands of years. It's time to find out why. So, on your knees, commoner! The world's most brilliant and outrageous queen - Cleopatra VII, the last Pharaoh of Egypt - is about to make her entrance. Includes maps, endnotes, timeline, glossary, sources, and index.|
|Similar Items||9780531228210: Alexander The Great: Master Of The Ancient World (Wicked History)|
9780531221747: Hannibal: Rome's Worst Nightmare (Wicked History)
9780531014028: Dk Eyewitness Books: Ancient Egypt
9780393041729: Beyond Courage: The Untold Story Of Jewish Resistance During The Holocaust (Booklist Editor's Choice. Books For Youth (Awards))
9780382243370: Dk Eyewitness Books: Ancient Egypt
9780312281601: Beyond Courage: The Untold Story Of Jewish Resistance During The Holocaust (Booklist Editor's Choice. Books For Youth (Awards))
9780307268877: Beyond Courage: The Untold Story Of Jewish Resistance During The Holocaust (Booklist Editor's Choice. Books For Youth (Awards))
9780222009258: Dk Eyewitness Books: Ancient Egypt
0670541160381: Rainbow Loom Latex Free Rubber Band Refill + C-Clips - White
View 10 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.