|Product Name||Victoria Woodhull: Free Spirit for Women's Rights (Oxford Portraits)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Short Description||Other Format|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0195143671|
|Price New||2.99 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||2.95 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.6 inches (convert)|
|Height||6.3 inches (convert)|
|Length||9.3 inches (convert)|
|Weight||14.56 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||At a time when women were regarded as second-class citizens, Victoria Woodhull (1838-1927) led a life of many "firsts." She was the first woman stockbroker, the first woman to speak before Congress, and the first woman to run for President of the United States.|
Oxford Portraits are informative and insightful biographies of people whose lives shaped their times and continue to influence ours. Based on the most recent scholarship, they draw heavily on primary sources, including writings by and about their subjects. Each book is illustrated with a wealth of photographs, documents, memorabilia, framing the personality and achievements of its subject against the backdrop of history.
|Similar Items||9780803216471: Selected Writings of Victoria Woodhull: Suffrage, Free Love, and Eugenics (Legacies of Nineteenth-Century American Women Writers)|
9780394555362: Other Powers: The Age Of Suffrage, Spiritualism, And The Scandalous Victoria Woodhull
9780750508308: Trials of Intimacy: Love and Loss in the Beecher-Tilton Scandal
9780548555293: Trials Of Intimacy: Love And Loss In The Beecher-Tilton Scandal
9780548101513: Trials Of Intimacy: Love And Loss In The Beecher-Tilton Scandal
9780226259383: Trials of Intimacy: Love and Loss in the Beecher-Tilton Scandal
9781882593101: The Woman Who Ran For President: The Many Lives Of Victoria Woodhull
0094922739971: America's Victoria Remembering Victoria Woodhull - Director's Cut
9781565121324: Notorious Victoria: The Life Of Victoria Woodhull, Uncensored
9781406502244: And the Truth Shall Make You Free
9780822559863: Victoria Woodhull: Fearless Feminist (Trailblazer Biographies (Hardcover))
9780446570237: The Scarlet Sisters: Sex, Suffrage, And Scandal In The Gilded Age
9780394830353: Free Woman
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.