|Product Name||Philosophy Of Music Education (Contemporary Perspectives In Music Education)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0136638805|
|Price New||102.29 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||16.98 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Long Description||This book advances the philosophy of its previous editions into new territory, recasting it in light of emerging ideas and interests in philosophy in general and in philosophy of music in particular. The foundational concept of this book—that the values of music are gained through direct experiences with its meaningful sounds—remains intact, but is explained and applied in broader, more inclusive scope, with a synergistic philosophical stance as the basis. In addition it clarifies and updates for readers the explanations of musical feeling, musical creativity, and musical meaning that are at its core. For music educators, music lovers, or anyone who wants a synergistic philosophy of music education inclusive of a variety of positions.|
|Similar Items||9780253215604: Transforming Music Education:|
9780226521398: Emotion And Meaning In Music (Phoenix Books)
9780195334043: Music Matters: A Philosophy Of Music Education
9781578865765: A History Of American Music Education
9780195385076: Praxial Music Education: Reflections And Dialogues
9780195146103: Psychology For Musicians: Understanding And Acquiring The Skills
9780837110424: Music Matters: A New Philosophy Of Music Education
9780415225625: Music Matters: A New Philosophy Of Music Education
9780195091717: Music Matters: A New Philosophy Of Music Education
9780028719153: Contemporary Music Education
View 14 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.