|Product Name||Dropped Names: Famous Men And Women As I Knew Them|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0062094475|
|Price New||4.94 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||0.01 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||1.17 inches (convert)|
|Height||9 inches (convert)|
|Length||6 inches (convert)|
|Weight||20 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||Rita Hayworth dancing by candlelight; Elizabeth Taylor tenderly wrapping him in her Pashmina scarf; streaking for Sir Laurence Olivier in a drafty English castle; terrifying a dozing Jackie Onassis; carrying an unconscious Montgomery Clift to safety on a dark New York street... Captured forever in a unique memoir, Frank Langella’s myriad encounters with some of the past century’s most famous human beings are profoundly affecting, funny, wicked, sometimes shocking, and utterly irresistible. With sharp wit and a perceptive eye, Mr. Langella takes us with him into the private worlds and privileged lives of movie stars, presidents, royalty, literary lions, the social elite, and the greats of the Broadway stage. We learn something, too, of Mr. Langella’s personal journey from the age of fifteen to the present day. Dropped Names is, like its subjects, riveting and unforgettable.|
|Similar Items||9780451416377: Rita Moreno: A Memoir|
9780375411281: Ava Gardner: The Secret Conversations
9780349000220: Vanished Years
9780316732222: Vanished Years
9780307885005: My Happy Days In Hollywood: A Memoir
9780307273529: My Happy Days In Hollywood: A Memoir
9780143123118: Life At The Marmont: The Inside Story Of Hollywood's Legendary Hotel Of The Stars--Chateau Marmont
9780060723927: Chore Whore: Adventures Of A Celebrity Personal Assistant
0031398228714: Starting Out In The Evening
View 36 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.