|Product Name||Neverland: J. M. Barrie, The Du Mauriers, And The Dark Side Of Peter Pan|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 1605980633|
|Price New||5.52 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||1.99 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.13 inches (convert)|
|Height||0.93 inches (convert)|
|Length||0.64 inches (convert)|
|Weight||19.04 ounces (convert)|
The untold story behind Peter Pan: The shocking account of J. M. Barrie's abuse and exploitation of the du Maurier family.In his revelatory Neverland, Piers Dudgeon tells the tragic story of J. M. Barrie and the Du Maurier family. Driven by a need to fill the vacuum left by sexual impotence, Barrie sought out George du Maurier, Daphne du Maurier’s grandfather (author of the famed Trilby), who specialized in hypnosis. Barrie’s fascination and obsession with the Du Maurier family is a shocking study of greed and psychological abuse, as we observe Barrie as he applies these lessons in mind control to captivate George’s daughter Sylvia, his son Gerald, as well as their children—who became the inspiration for the Darling family in Barrie’s immortal Peter Pan.
Barrie later altered Sylvia’s will after her death so that he could become the boys’ legal guardian, while pushing several members of the family to nervous breakdown and suicide. Barrie’s compulsion to dominate was so apparent to those around him that D. H. Lawrence once wrote: J. M Barrie has a fatal touch for those he loves. They die.
32 b&w illustrations
|Similar Items||9780525478867: Lost Boy: The Story Of The Man Who Created Peter Pan|
0738329014025: Peter Pan (Ful/Tinted/Mono) 04/10/00
9781844082353: The Daphne Du Maurier Companion
9781840181906: Daphne Du Maurier: A Daughter's Memoir
9780385615099: Daphne Du Maurier: The Secret Life Of The Renowned Storyteller
9780385420686: Daphne Du Maurier: The Secret Life Of The Renowned Storyteller
9780312357795: Hide-And-Seek With Angels: A Life Of J. M. Barrie
9780300098228: J. M. Barrie And The Lost Boys: The Real Story Behind Peter Pan
9780094620001: Title: J M Barrie And The Lost Boys
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.