|Product Name||The Long Loneliness: The Autobiography Of The Legendary Catholic Social Activist|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0060617519|
|Price New||8.31 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||4.06 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.68 inches (convert)|
|Height||8 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.31 inches (convert)|
|Weight||9.6 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||This inspiring and fascinating memoir, subtitled, “The Autobiography of the Legendary Catholic Social Activist,” The Long Loneliness is the late Dorothy Day’s compelling autobiographical testament to her life of social activism and her spiritual pilgrimage. A founder of the Catholic Worker Movement and longtime associate of Peter Maurin, Dorothy Day was eulogized in the New York Times as, “a nonviolent social radical of luminous personality.” The Long Loneliness recounts her remarkable journey from the Greenwich Village political and literary scene of the 1920s through her conversion to Catholicism and her lifelong struggle to help bring about “the kind of society where it is easier to be good.”|
|Similar Items||9780268000943: Faith And Violence: Christian Teaching And Christian Practice|
9780232521436: The Genesee Diary: Report From A Trappist Monastery
9780226143798: Citizen Hobo: How A Century Of Homelessness Shaped America
9780199841141: Journey Back to God: Origen on the Problem of Evil (AAR ACADEMY SER)
9780199827855: The Catonsville Nine: A Story Of Faith And Resistance In The Vietnam Era
9780156806817: The Seven Mountains Of Thomas Merton
9780151004133: The Seven Storey Mountain: Fiftieth-Anniversary Edition
9780099494126: Nonviolence: The History Of A Dangerous Idea (Modern Library Chronicles)
9780060688240: A Severe Mercy
9780060631123: Shantung Compound: The Story Of Men And Women Under Pressure
View 59 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.