|Product Name||Selected Poems (Dover Thrift Editions)|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0486268780|
|Price New||1.00 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||0.01 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||0.32 inches (convert)|
|Height||8.36 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.22 inches (convert)|
|Weight||3.68 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||In his unconventional verse, Walt Whitman spoke in a powerful, sensual, oratorical, and inspiring voice. His most famous work, Leaves of Grass, was a long-term project that the poet compared to the building of a cathedral or the slow growth of a tree. During his lifetime, from 1819 to 1892, it went through nine editions. Today it is regarded as a landmark of American literature. This volume contains 24 poems from Leaves of Grass, offering a generous sampling of Whitman's best and most representative verses. Featured works include "I Hear America Singing," "I Sing the Body Electric," "Song of the Open Road," "Out of Cradle Endlessly Rocking," "When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloom'd," and "O Captain! My Captain!" — all reprinted from an authoritative text.|
|Similar Items||9780870134128: Selected Poems (Dover Thrift Editions)|
9780486264660: Selected Poems (Dover Thrift Editions)
9780198325451: Selected Poems (Dover Thrift Editions)
9780451532138: The Classic Slave Narratives
9780486268668: A Boy's Will And North Of Boston (Dover Thrift Editions)
9780807611517: Selected Poems (Dover Thrift Editions)
9780451625649: The Classic Slave Narratives
9780060970789: Emma (Dover Thrift Editions)
9781420927306: A Boy's Will and North of Boston (Digireads.com Classic)
9780766160422: Emma (Dover Thrift Editions)
View 74 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.