|Product Name||Winter in the Morning: A Young Girl's Life in the Warsaw Ghetto and Beyond 1939-1945|
|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0029025303|
|Price New||31.47 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||0.99 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Long Description||Janina Bauman was a year older than Anne Frank when the Second World War began but, unlike The Diary of Anne Frank, this is a story of survival. When Hitler's decree forced her family into the Warsaw Ghetto, Janina, an intelligent, lively girl, suddenly found herself in a cramped flat, hiding with other Jewish families. At first even curfews and the casual cruelty meted out by the German occupiers could not dim her passion for books, boys and romance. Then came the raids, and Janina, with her sister and mother, had to keep on the move, hiding in the ruins of the ghetto to avoid being one of thousands rounded up every day and deported to the camps. Their escape to the 'Aryan' side was followed by two years in hiding, taking shelter with those willing to help them and living in constant fear of betrayal. Told through her teenage diaries, giving her story a rare immediacy, this is the extraordinary tale of a passionate young woman's courage and survival.|
|Similar Items||9781851685851: The Diary Of Mary Berg: Growing Up In The Warsaw Ghetto|
9781571431301: Here, There Are No Sarahs
9781562790523: From Ashes To Life: My Memories Of The Holocaust
9781468001051: Mindele's Journey: Memoir Of A Hidden Child Of The Holocaust
9780907871736: A Square Of Sky: A Wartime Childhood: From Ghetto To Convent
9781610391221: Two Rings: A Story Of Love And War
9780826410368: Jump For Life
9780393077971: Helga's Diary: A Young Girl's Account Of Life In A Concentration Camp
9780195132595: Your Name Is Renée: Ruth Kapp Hartz's Story As A Hidden Child In Nazi-Occupied France
9780060542979: The Lost: A Search For Six Of Six Million
View 20 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.